Thursday, July 16, 2009

Seussical!

I previewed a local show thats being performed this week, called "Seussical". It's a mixture of many popular Dr.Seuss books, all in one musical theater production.

This was a fun one to write. It was for the encore section (entertainment section) instead of news, so I wasn't quite used to the writing style, so I had to make some story edits. But its all good. Sometimes, especially in stories like this, I think I may write like I have a bias towards the organization. I make performances and events seem very must-see. Well, I'm a fairly optimistic person. I hope they break a leg!

Read my story:
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/07/16/13104183.txt

Note- I now don't like covering entertainment events. I have been getting calls non-stop by grandma's who want to take their grandchildren to "my show." It's hard to explain that I am not involved with the production, I'm just a reporter for the Times! Aw well, it doesn't take me long to look up the showtimes online for them. It's pretty funny, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment