Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fair Food




Photo by Ken Koons

Hello adorable baby!

For this article, I had to investigate the food at the Carroll County 4-H and FFA Fair. It was hard to know where to focus- the outside stands or the inside dining area. I chose a little of both, for a full spectrum of coverage.

Many journalists like to concentrate on just one thing. When you give me a topic, however, I like to cover my bases. This can be a problem because my story lacks focus, but it does give readers a much better idea of the event. After reading my article, people know about how it feels to be there rather than about one aspect of that experience. I pride myself in that, but I don't know if it is regarded as a good thing. Maybe for small, commuity papers. Well, at least I tell the truth in my writing.

Read my story:
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/07/29/news/local_news/3_4h_fair_food.txt

No comments:

Post a Comment