Friday, July 17, 2009

Masterclass of Roots Music


Photo by Kyle Nosal. This is NOT a picture of Tim O'Brien, but instead a student in his class named Josh Henderson from N.C.

Tim O'Brien, who taught the Masterclass of Roots Music, is a big deal in the Folk world! He's a grammy winning artist and was in the band Hot Rize. By the way, roots music is classic american music and is mainly folksy-country-bluegrass. Anyway, Tim O'Brien was a very nice man and made me want to become more musical. I should, it seems like a fantastic stress reliever...
Well, I had a fun time chillin' in this class and it made me reconnect with my bluegrass roots.
Oh, yes, I have bluegrass roots.

Read my story:
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/07/17/news/local_news/4_common_ground_obrien.txt

No comments:

Post a Comment