Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Oops


Photo by Ken Koons

So I had a very big day yesterday. After going to Chestertown to take care of some Elm duties and return some ILL thesis books, I came home and covered Reese Carnival.

I was going to get there early, but it started raining so I thought I'd wait it out a bit. The photographer, Ken Koons, went at about 630 so I followed shortly after. Amazingly, there were still a lot of people there.

So, since he got there before me, he scoped out a story. There was a person who brought her chocolate colored skunk.

What a great story! New, inventive, yay!

So, it ran today and was interesting, but I got a call from Chad Reese, President of the fire department saying, "So animal control is out here looking for the skunk because it's not allowed on carnival grounds. Do you have contact information for them?"

Oh no!

I feel horrible! I got them in trouble and the poor skunk had to go home. What a bummer, now my story is a lie because people can not see this skunk all week since my story brought the issue to light. I guess it's there fault for bringing it without permission, but I feel horrible.

Read my story:
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/07/21/news/local_news/1_reese_carnival.txt

No comments:

Post a Comment