Friday, July 3, 2009

A New Look for Libraries


For this one, I traveled around to the newly renovated Westminster library and the newly built Finksburg library. I ran into some more Carroll County quotation hesitation, and I felt like I was weirdly stalking stay at home moms (and their children).

But everyone was nice and willing to help. The Westminster branch has received the biggest makeover- once a noisy, unruly hangout now seems to be a quieter, more open space. There are definitely more workers helping out patrons- shortly after I walked into the library, a man came over, introduced himself while shaking my hand, and asked if he could help me. I mean, it could have been because I was bugging unsuspecting patrons for their opinions on the new library look. We'll just say he was being super friendly, though.

Read my story:
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/07/03/13060393.txt
Photo courtesy of Carroll County Public Schools

No comments:

Post a Comment