Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fun at the Harney Carney



So, Kelsey and I had a really good time at the carnival! We ate delicious crabcakes and french fries. We got there early, so there wasn't much going on yet. (Just a disclaimer that I wasn't neglecting my job by eating the amazing food. And Kelsey, my friend who I drug along, was not a distraction but instead a great help.)

I ended up writing about the bluegrass band. People claimed seats early to watch them- the CB Pickers.

The only problem was I got the story in pretty late again. Dylan was business taking pictures of something else so he didn't get there until 8 p.m. Usually the story is due then, but I'm used to waiting for the photographer to see what he takes a picture of, just in case I should interview the people he may photograph.

It turned out that I didn't even really need to wait for him, he just took a general picture of people on a ride and of the band.

I rushed home (well, back to Kelsey's) and got my article in by 9:15 p.m. Pretty impressive, I think.

Kelsey took a thousand pictures, so I'll upload them when she gets them to me.

Read my story:
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/07/07/news/local_news/1_harney_carnival.txt
Photo by Dylan Slagle

No comments:

Post a Comment