Monday, July 6, 2009

Harney Carney Tonight!

So, tonight I'll be heading out to Harney, a little town near Taneytown that's right on the mason-dixon line.

This is the second carnival I've been assigned to write about. This is because I'm a willing and eager intern, ready to help out in any way possible, which means endless carnival coverage. My second day, my co-worker said to me, "Well, I hope you like covering carnivals." haha. As you can see, the times writers are pretty burnt out by carnivals, which are a weekly occurrance in little old Carroll County.

Last year, the guy who wrote about this carnival wrote a small piece on how they served fried oreos and people liked them.

...

So, I'm nervous I'll have some trouble finding anything good. I already called and asked if I could talk to someone about the carnival, preferrably someone who was involved with organizing it, and she's like "Hm, I don't think there here. Not really sure when they'll be here. Food starts at 430, though."

So, my plan is to stalk the carnival grounds at 5 or 530, looking for someone who looks like they know what their talking about and also people who look like they're having a good time. This is a perfect story to prove myself- despite bad odds, I can find an angle! See, I am a reporter!

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment