Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A response...

So, I got an email about the Road-eo story. I've gotten some email and phone call responses that have been positive, but I've never gotten anything like this.
See, in the actual paper, there was a picture of two men laughing about the competition below the picture you see with the story in this blog. The two men were Chris and Tim. Here is the email I received after the story came out.

Hi I am writing on behalf of my Mother & myself. The C.C. rodeo with the picture of Chris laughing made us SICK. 5 years ago he cut a tree limb that fell on my Brother and KILLED him. Now Chris can laugh but he took that away from us, we don't laugh anymore. He tore our world apart. My Mom said that if you need t out his picture in the paper please put a PAPER BAG on his head so we don't have to look at it. It is very hard to see his face, to us it's like 5 years all over again, everyday. We just had to let you know how we felt.
Thank-you
Doris and Deanna

That's so sad, they are just so hurt. I almost feel bad for Chris because it sounds like it was an accident. Wow, what a complicated situation. I didn't even take the picture...

Oh, the dangers of reporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment