Tuesday, June 16, 2009

No Fireworks?

Well, they're safe this year. But this story really bugged the Carroll County Born-and-Raised child inside of me!
So I just always assumed the fireworks at the Carroll County Farm Museum were just a given, but apparently they struggle to raise the funds each year (read more in the link below). I know this is a hard economic time, but we need entertainment and tradition to stay to keep morale high. I just can't imagine not having the fireworks one year. My brother, who his autistic, would probably die from shock and disappointment.
I know it's more important for someone to eat and have a home then to go to the fireworks show in July, but people going out as a community to celebrate our history is a very important thing, also. We cannot forget our past.
Lets hope it can continue.

Read my story:
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/06/14/news/local_news/4fireworks_show_carroll_county.txt

No comments:

Post a Comment